Had promised Sarayu that we would cook something together and I decided on Chocolate Mousse…which Su calls Chocolate Mausee. Sarayu was invited to a home party by big Prerna and so she wanted to take the Chocolate Mousse to the party. So we bought plastic cups and as I already had chocolate and cream at home, I looked at some basic recipe for Chocolate Mousse. Thought sarayu would lose interest halfway…but she was there throughout, and the only part I took care of completely was melting the chocolate. I poured it into 5 cups and realized we didn’t have any for ourselves even to taste. Covered those cups in silver foil and off she went to the party.. Turned out fine in fact everyone loved it….Only regret didnt take any pictures 😦
- 150 grams mini marshmallows
- 50 grams soft butter
- 250 grams good dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) chopped into small pieces
- 60 ml hot water (from a recently boiled kettle)
- 284 ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on the hob, over heat, though keep it fairly gentle, to melt the contents, stirring every now and again. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
- Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins, about 175ml / ¾ cup each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml / ½ cup) ones, and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!